Securities Information Management
KSD manages information received from issuers on securities issuance, rights exercise, and irregular securities. This information is used in the course of deposit and settlement operations, or provided to external parties after valorizing the information.
Securities information management service
|The service covers most securities issued and traded in the capital market including stocks, bonds, CDs, CPs, electronic short-term bonds, derivatives-linked securities, and collective investment securities.||KSD manages the following information.
||Information is provided via SAFE+, KSD's webpage, and SEIBro; as well is in database form for use in proprietary systems of data vendors, financial institutions, etc.|
Securities information management procedures
This diagram shows procedures for securities information management.
- A. Information collection: Sources of information (issuers, agents of issuers, transfer agents) and reference (FSS(DART), KRX(ISIN, KIND), Supreme Court (public summons, judgment of nullification))
- B. Information management : Collecting information through securities information management system, entering information into system (digitalization), and validating information by checking compatibility and finality
- C. KSD operations
- a. SAFE+ provides information to KSD and participants.
- b. Information is provided to policy institutions, academic institutions, individual investors, etc. through SEIBro and KSD website.
- c. DB is provided to clients signed to information provision contracts through information provision business.
- Information collection
- Sources of information
- Agents of issuers
- Transfer agents
- FSS (DART), KRX(ISIN,KIND), Supreme Court (public summons, judgment of nullification)
- Sources of information
- Information management
Securities information management system
- 1. Collect information
- 2. Enter information into system (Digitalization)
- 3. Validate information by checking compatibility and finality
- KSD operations
- Deposit/separate safe custody
- Fund servicing
- Rights management
- Collateral management
- Fund Service
- Securities agent service
- KSD website
Securities information portal
- Policy institutions, academic institutions, individual investors, etc.
- DB provision (Information provision business)
- Clients signed to information provision contracts
Benefits of the securities information management service
- Participants and other financial institutions
This service widely is used in managing client accounts, accounting, providing information for HTS, research, and statistical analysis.
- Data vendors
Data vendors can use this service to offer securities information to their clients through credit rating, pricing, and internet websites.